Get your ticket to smart Cape Town exploration in just 5 easy steps:
- Step 1: Purchase your GoCards card online or from one of our agents
You can choose to purchase directly from our Online Shop , or via any of our GoCards agents.
- Step 2: Select your card
- A 1, 2, 3 or 7 Day Cape Town card
With the Day card options, the days will run consecutively once you’ve activated your card, but you’ll have unlimited access to all of our partners during that time.
- Create your own Explore 6 option which is valid for a period of 3 months.
With the Explore 6 option you choose which 6 attractions you’d like to see and then you have 3 months to visit them all. Preselection is not required, so you can select your attractions on the go. You’ll also have access to any new partners who may have joined our GoCards program after your date of purchase.
- Or select our V&A Waterfront Card where you choose 4 or 6 V&A attractions which you can then see over a 3 month period.
- A 1, 2, 3 or 7 Day Cape Town card
- Step 3: Complete your payment
Secure online payments can be made by Credit Card (VISA & Mastercard), or you can choose to pay via EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer).
- Step 4: Download your e-ticket
Your e-ticket package will include: A welcome letter (with all the important details you’ll need), you barcoded e-ticket, and a list of all the partners with their associated offers for easy reference.
- Step 5: Start redeeming
Now that you have your e-ticket, you can either print it out or save it onto your phone or tablet. Then you simply present it when checking in at each of our partners. Easy!
Please just take note of the following important Terms & Conditions:
- One card equals one redemption. This means if you’re travelling in a group, you’ll need a card for each person. This restriction is valid for both the day cards and the Explore 6 option.
- You can visit any of our participating partners. The choice is completely up to you. Have a look at our latest list of partners over here.
- We have two types of partners:
- Redemption partners: These offer free entry, free items or vouchers for specified amounts, and can only be visited once.
- Discount partners: These offer special discounts and welcome return visits as long as you keep presenting your GoCards e-ticket. Discount partners don’t have a set time limit. In fact, they never expire. This means that you can redeem these discounts before and/or after your visit, or bump up your exploration time by ticking these partners off first. Discounts can however not be used for group bookings.
- Your card is activated once you visit your first redemption partner.
- We give you an extra hour as a slight buffer in case you decide to squeeze one last item in. So a 1 Day card, for example, is actually valid for 25 hours after activation.
- Our Day cards (1, 2, 3 or 7 Day) must be used over consecutive calendar days, and our Explore 6 card is valid for a 3 month calendar period after the first redemption.
- Skip the queues at the Two Oceans Aquarium! Go straight to the help desk, present your e-ticket and enjoy.
- Choose your City Sightseeing Bus route carefully. There are two Cape Town routes (red and blue), but your GoCard e-ticket only covers you for one route of your choice. For information on these routes, visit www.citysightseeing.co.za.
- From January to November your bus ticket can be redeemed at any ticket station. During December you will need to redeem your ticket at Stop 1 outside the Two Oceans Aquarium due to high demand. Once you have your bus ticket, you can hop on at any bus stop on your selected route.
- Both routes start as at Stop 1 which is located just outside the Two Oceans Aquarium.
- During high season (25 Dec – 5 Jan), City Sightseeing Bus seats cannot be guaranteed.
- You can only redeem your Sight Seeing Bus ticket once, regardless of the type of card you have purchased (I.e. 1, 2, 3 or 7 day).
- GoCards will do everything within our power to ensure that the partner information featured both on our website & e-ticket is correct. Unforeseen changes/conditions can however affect the availability of our partner offerings. We will make reasonable efforts to resolve any problems that are brought to our attention, but we cannot guarantee that each partner will continue to honour their indicated commitments.
- Each partner has been carefully considered. We have taken extra care to ensure that we only partner up with reputable companies & services that are in good standing. We cannot, however, be held responsible for poor service, admission problems, public health violations, safety problems or any personal injuries obtained.
- GoCard clients must recognise and accept that they visit our partner facilities voluntarily and entirely at their own risk. GoCards is in no way responsible for site conditions or third party acts/omissions at any of our partner facilities. Any claims regarding such issues must be made directly with the partner in question.
- Where indicated, certain offers may be limited in availability. For example, a partner might only allow you to redeem your benefit during specific times of the day, or they may only be able to accommodate you via bookings only. These specifications are set by the partners themselves and not by GoCards; therefore be sure to read your partner guide carefully.
- It is always a good idea to confirm a partner’s operating times as these may be seasonal.
- Partners and their operating schedules are subject to change. Please check our list of partners for updates, call us on 076 559 4071, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alcohol may not be sold to persons under the age of 18. Our partners reserve the right to refuse access and/or redemption without valid proof of identification.
- Child card Rand value differences do apply where entry for children is either discounted or free, or where children receive special meal options.
When you purchase one of our cards, you agree to all of these terms & conditions.